El Paso is Open for Business!
The Texas Governors Office, the Texas Workforce Commission and your El Paso Hispanic Chamber of Commerce invite our borderland businesses to engage in the best that Texas has to offer during the 2015 Texas Governors Small Business Forum.
Governor's Small Business Forums, sponsored by the Texas Governor’s Office, the Texas Workforce Commission, and local partners, are designed to give entrepreneurs and small businesses valuable tools, skills and knowledge needed to thrive in today’s fast-paced economy. Featuring a wide range of instructive seminars and expert speakers offering vital information on both public and private resources, the forums provide a great opportunity to network and connect with industry specialists, government officials, service providers, and other regional businesses. Likewise, Texan businesses are afforded a chance to network and trade with one another, exchange best practices, and discuss challenges and innovative ways of overcoming them.Overall the forums highlight the wide range of opportunities available to all businesses, including minority and women-owned small businesses, veterans, and businesses interested in expanding globally.
Come out and take advantage of interactive workshops lead by the top professionals in the Lone Star State on important topics to our businesses such as: Procurement, Financing, Cybersecurity, Leadership, and much more.
|7:45 am -8:15 am
8:15 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
Introduction to our Small Business Governor's Forum by the Office of the Governor conomic Development & Tourism
|8:30 am- 9:15 a.m.
Texas Workforce Solutions Presentations
-Andrés Alcantar, Chairman, Texas Workforce Commission
-Joyce Wilson, CEO of Workforce Solutions Borderplex
| 9:15 a.m.-9:30 a.m.
|9:35 a.m.- 10:30 a.m.
Beware: Cyber Security is the new Business Priority
- What can it do for my business?
- How to manage the risk to your business
- How to prevent, respond and solve a cyber-attack
- Some misconceptions about cybersecurity:
- Only companies that take payments onlineare at risk of cyber crime
- Cyber security is too expensive to implement
- Small companies aren’t a target for hackers.
- Small and Medium Enterprises are not vulnerable to cyber-attacks.
- RETHINK all these! In reality, small businesses are a bigger target than ever because they typically hold far more data than the average consume & only 16 percent of small and medium companies say that improving their cyber security is a top priority for 2015.
- You can do more to understand and respond to cyber threats. Prevent vulnerability to losing valuable data and suffering both financial and reputational damage
- Hear from experts & testimonials
|10:30 a.m.- 10:50 a.m.
|10:50 a.m.-11:35 a.m.
Leaders ultimate goal: Connect, engage & collaborate
- The forces behind how we fully engage with people
- Understand the concept of connecting and engaging
- Your network is your net worth
- Work the room, break the ice and create opportunities to connect
Dr. Bill Mitchell,
Dr. Bill Mitchell has been in corporate leadership training and personnel development since 1989. It is his passion to help individuals to reach their full potential and to get the most out of life. He travels nationally and internationally training leaders and managers in order to help them reach their goals in life. Drawing from his education (PhD, Psychology) and his experience in running several large corporations, as well as being involved in helping corporations for years, he strives to help both companies and the individuals that work for them become proactive, productive and profitable. He serves as a life coach to some of America’s leading professionals. He is passionate about building great leaders. Dr. Mitchell serves a personal leadership coach to several Fortune 500 CEOs, Civic and Government leaders, helping them to reach new levels both personally and professionally. Dr. Mitchell has the highest ranking available among corporate trainers and motivational speakers. Bill resides in El Paso Texas with his wife Kim and children.
|11:35 a.m.-12:10 a.m.
Procurement Power & Financing Friends
- How to be more efficient in Procurement
- Strong Procurement skills for a solid foundation
- Review the critical principles and processes for succesful sourcing/contracting
- Get a better understanding of procurement issues and improve procurement practices
- Discuss experiences, challenges and solutions with peers
- Discuss the future of procurement and supply management in an exclusive environment
- Talk to experts in access to capital
- Finance for strategic procurement
- Build your organization's capacity and financial performance
- Financial Management and Procurement go hand in hand... are you ready?
|12:10 a.m.-1:30 a.m.
||Spirit of Texas Award Luncheon
Spirit of Texas Awards Luncheon Sponsored by the Office of the Governor Economic Development & Tourism & Texas Workforce Commission with a very special Keynote Speaker:
Secretary of State
What the Spirit of Texas Awards are:
The awards are given to companies in the city that the forums are being hosted in because they represent a company that:
- Has broken the barriers of default
- Has sustained a resilient business model for 25 years or more
- Has a strong presence in the Community
- Are within the categories of large, medium, small and micro enterprises
Presented by Larry Ruggiano - Small Business Development of the Office of the Governors & Carlos Cascos, Texas Secretary of State
Showcase Your Business:
The event will provide a platform for local entrepreneurs to showcase their business and be recognized among the leading businesses in the Lone Star State as sponsors and booth exhibitor....
El Paso to Feature the Best In Texas:
El Paso will be the center of Texas business practices during the 2015 Texas Governors’ Small Business Forum. The premier small business event in the Lone Star State.