The El Paso Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and Dynamic Workforce Solutions has partnered up to present a series of Entrepreneurial & Professional Development trainings called “Suiting Up for Business” between September 1 and December 31, 2018!
The El Paso Hispanic Chamber of Commerce is an entrepreneurially focused organization committed to wealth creation in our small, minority, women and Veteran owned business community.
Our mission is to continue to be the pre-eminent resource for businesses and the leading advocate in supporting the growth of these businesses in the El Paso Border Metroplex.
As part of this exciting program, the Business Development Specialists from the Hispanic Chambers Technical Assistance Centers, the Women’s Business Border Center and the MBDA Business Center, along with our Strategic Partners will help military spouses identify opportunities that will help them start and develop their businesses.
What you will get out of this exciting 4 month program:
- Entrepreneurial Development!
- Education! Great for military spouses who want to enhance their business acumen and entrepreneurship skills!
- Networking & Community Engagement: The most effective tool for entrepreneurs is networking. Networking is about helping others find what they’re looking for, too. Military spouses have a unique networking opportunity.
Perks to the Program!
- Professional Head Shots to include with their resumes! $50 value
- Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone To Take Action, By Simon Sinek. This is a must read for everyone who wants to make sure their "do" stems from their "who." As humans, we are all capable of doing lots of things. We strive for impressing others with "how" we do it. But understanding your "why" and making choices from that place makes for a more fulfilled, impactful and peaceful life.
Additional Benefits to the Program for those that qualify!
- 4-hour Childcare Vouchers to attend a training session! $25 value
- Transportation Vouchers so you can attend a training! $25 value
- Business Footwear Vouchers! $35 value
- Participant Sash to wear to Chamber networking events and be recognized & welcomed!
- Reimbursement of fees to obtain renewals of “occupational certificates” in El Paso, helping you be able to find employment!
To find out if you qualify for these benefits, please contact the El Paso Hispanic Chamber of Commerce at 915-566-4066!
Training Topics – FREE!
- Let’s Start Your Business: This session covers all aspects of starting a home based business, or small business, providing general licensing and permitting information, as well as business planning tips, financing options, and additional local resources.
- Social Media Marketing: This session will cover how to utilize social media platforms to enhance business marketing and outreach, or personal development including employment and networking.
- Exceptional Customer Service: This session will cover aspects of providing exceptional customer service, either as a business owner, or as an employee.
- Writing a Winning Resume: Designed to help military spouses adapt their resumes to be successful at job searches.
- Ace Your Next Job Interview: Assisting military spouses to reach their career goals through mock interviews and feedback.
- Two “Welcome & All About El Paso” Tours: As a way to welcome spouses to El Paso, we propose to conduct two “All About El Paso” Tours for interested military spouses. We plan to introduce them to local eateries, shopping venues, family entertainment, and historical & cultural locations throughout the city including lunch! October 9 and December 4!